I hate bad days... and yesterday was a bad day. Late last night we realized that our 3rd attempt at IUI has failed. I went for a 7 mile run and thought long and hard about what we were going to do. I just wanted to run forever so that my emotions all became a blurr. I wanted to run until my knees started to shake and my muscles burned. I wanted to run away from it all and move on. While running I came to some conclusion in my head that I needed a break from all of the hormones, disappointment, anger and frustration. I need a very LONG break, one that I might not return from because I finally came to terms with the idea that we might only have one baby. And that's okay because he's the sweetest little boy in the entire world who's eyes sparkle like the twinkling stars in the sky. He's my best buddy and I love him from the depths of my beating heart. He makes me smile and that's all that matters.
If it's just the 3 of us for the rest of forever, then I will be happy and I will be grateful for my 2 handsome boys. I can feel myself moving on and letting go of the somewhat control I thought I had throughout this whole process. (This is where everyone says, "You wait and see... you'll get pregnant now that you aren't stressing about it." So let's just go ahead and skip those comments mkay? Thanks.) Now I look forward to a nice big house, Hendrix riding in the back seat of my cute little Audi, lot's of Disney Land trips and the best eduation for our son. Sounds pretty awesome right? "Table for THREE!" Yes please!
7 comments:
You are AMAZING Amy! You have put yourself through SOO much! Physically and Emotionally! Not a lot of people would be willing to put themselves through what you have. I TOTALLY look up to you! You are a wonderful mother! Hendrix is VERY lucky! And hey it may just be the three of you here but in the long run (eternity)I'm sure there are more. :) I'm sorry. big hug
i love you and wish there was more i could do to help you. you are very strong, i look up to you so much. you are the best mom and such a great friend.
I'm so sorry girl. I know what you mean about the "comments!" Hang in there and enjoy the break from the crazy hormones and emotions.
P.S. I am already jealous of the cute little Audi :)
I love you Amy!
I just 'plugged back in' and got updated on your sa-weet blog. I love you guys SO much and I'm so sorry you are all going through this. I think you're a rock star of a mom and Hendrix is just THE BEST. And just like Maria, I'm already jealous of the audi too :)
I'm so proud of you for having the attitude you are. I'm sure it's not easy. I love that you just kept running and then you couldn't walk the next day. You rock! Hang in there sister. Let's get matching audi's :)
I'm so sorry for your struggle. What a hard trial to have to go through. You are such a cute mamma and your cute little man is so lucky to have a mom who is extra thankful for him.
Post a Comment