Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sisterhood of Secrets

I feel like there are so many surrounding me who are struggling right now and no one seems to know about it because they don't "look" unhappy or speak up about their struggles and trials. Being in the Relief Society Presidency has opened my eyes and made me see more then I would have ever imagined. My heart breaks for these women who surround me on a daily/weekly basis, who are suffering, struggling and trying to cry out for help but feel like no one is listening. It's a lot of weight on your shoulders knowing these things and trying to figure out a way to help.

I wanted to share a blog with all of you that has inspired me and crushed me all at the same time. This is a blog for secrets. Secrets that woman are have been holding inside for years and are too ashamed or afraid to let them out. These secrets are H U G E and I can't imagine what 1/2 of these woman go through everyday JUST to survive. Whenever I feel like my trial is weighing down on me, I read this blog and it makes me realize that my problems could be much worse and I should be thankful for the things that I have been given. I'm curious to see what you all think of it. Leave me a comment after you've read a few posts.... it's incredibly interesting and you might shed a tear or two. The link is sisterhoodofsecrets.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

i loved this! not the unfortunate stories, but that there is somewhere for people to share their feeling and what's going on in their lives, without feeling judged. my life may not be like theirs, but it's definitely not perfect. i'm going to put this on my blog list.

Little D said...

I'm kind of obsessed with this blog. It is interesting to see what other people out there are going through. I should be doing homework, but instead I am reading this blog!! And PS...I LOVE YOU!!! You're pretty much the best ever!!!

Mama Rydman said...

I want to read this blot but have to be invited. Can u tell me who I need to email so I can do that?