I can rarely remember what day of the week it is and I constantly feel like my days are so routine and boring that I just want to puke. But then I snap back to reality when I smell my baby who is snuggled up next to me in our BIG bed where we feel so small. When he pokes me in the eye and says, "Momma's eyes is black," and laughs because he KNOWS that they really are brown but thinks he's pretty funny. That's when I remember how incredibly lucky I am that I get to spend every waking moment with my cute little Hendrix. I get to watch him grow, teach him how to count, make sure he gets enough fruits and vegetables and soak up EVERY kiss he willingly gives me with out asking. Just so I remember, I want to document what my days are like with my busy 2 year old.
7:30 ish- This is when I wake up to Hendrix crying in his bed. I go into his room, pick him up and ask him if he wants to go lay in Momma's bed. His reply is usually, "Lay Mommas bed, watch a show." He then proceeds to ask, "Where Daddy go? Daddy at work?" We snuggle in bed for awhile and usually watch Diego until our tummies start to grumble and we head downstairs.
8:30-9:30- We watch either Dispicable Me, CARS or Sesame Street. Hendrix drinks his milk and eats is "Nummies" aka Nutrigrain Bar (apple cinnamon flavored) and I sip on my Kirkland weight loss shake.
10:00-12:00- This is when we run errands, hang out with Meghan or play with Wendy, Bentley & Kenli.
12:30- Eat lunch, which is usually a battle since Hendrix never eats. He'll typically want a waffle, toast, noodles or a hot dog with yogurt or fruit.
12:30-2:30 or 3:00- Nap time! CONFESSION: I usually take a nap the same time that Hendrix does. I'm enjoying this while I still can. If I don't take a nap I'll clean the house, do laundry, blog or run on the treadmill.
3:00- Hendrix wakes up and usually watches another show or finishes the movie from earlier. We have some juice and a snack then decide what we're going to do until Daddy comes home.
3:30-5:30- If it's warm outside we either go to the park, go for a run in the jogging stroller (his new favorite activity), or take a walk around the neighborhood. If it's cold outside we'll run some more errands, play with friends, read books, color or play with play dough.
5:30- I start making dinner (most nights). Hendrix likes to sit on the counter top and help me or sometimes he'll sweep the floor and play with all of the measuring cups in the drawers.
6:00- Daddy comes home!!!! YAY!!!!! This is when Hendrix gets really hyper and a little bit out of control. We play for a bit, eat dinner and usually hang out on the couches with Daddy.
7:30- Bath time or shower time. Hendrix has been wanting to take showers instead of baths lately. lol. He just stands in the shower by himself and we wash him, he thinks it's pretty cool.
8:00- Hendrix usually requests a bowl of cereal while we watch an episode of Thomas the train.
8:30-9:00- Bed time. Aww, I get excited just thinking about it.
9:00-11:00- This is MY time. I'm usually on the computer or watching TV with Jordan. He plays soccer 2 or 3 times a week and his games are typically during this time so I get to do whatever I want. This is also when I take a shower if I haven't had time during the day.
There ya go! That's what my day is like 95% of the time. It's simple, easy-going and sometimes boring but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
This was us running errands yesterday. No... I didn't give my son a 24 oz Dr. Pepper to drink in the backseat. It was for the delicous shredded BBQ pork I made for dinner last night.


1 comment:
I LOVE that you do this! I'm totally copying this idea! PS Hendrix looks so grown up in those pics!
Post a Comment