A lot of people have been wondering how are IUI process has turned out this month, so instead of calling you all one by one and feeling my heart break over and over again, I thought it would be best to just post it on here. Our IUI was actually successful. We found out a few days ago that we were finally pregnant after trying for 21 months but my HCG levels were pretty low so we weren't out of the woods yet. We didn't want everyone to get excited for us and then have to call them back with disappointing news. This was the best thing we could have done because we DID get that disappointing news today. They tested my HCG levels again to see if they were going up (like a normal pregnancy should) but they ended up going down. The nurse sadly informed me that we were going to have ANOTHER miscarriage. Yep, miscarriage #3. Good thing my best friend was in the car with me when I found out because I completely lost it and was lucky to have her there with me. Thank you Meghan.
So a new journey begins for us. I guess we'll now be testing to see why I can't carry a pregnancy instead of why we can't get pregnant. Neat. Sometimes I just feel like it would be easier to give up. I don't know if my heart could handle a 4th miscarriage and I don't know if it's worth it to try again and find out. I think about all of the amazing vacations we could go on with Hendrix and the incredible colleges we could afford to send him to if he ended up being our only child. I think about how awesome my body would feel with out all of the hormones in it and the satisfaction of knowing that I will never see another negative pregnancy test EVER again. I could focus my attention more on living life and enjoying it instead of worrying about what day of my cycle it is, how many months have passed by and making sure I don't drink too much diet coke. That route seems so easy and wonderful but I watch my baby getting bigger every day see him develop into a little person and my heart aches when I think that I might not be able to experience another child growing up ever again. I'm torn.
Everyone keeps telling me that I'm handling it so well and that I have such a good attitude but deep down inside, every inch of my body hurts. I feel broken. I feel like my heart can only take so many beatings before it gives up. I feel my faith and testimony slipping away. My world seems upside down. But I remember that I need to be strong for my Hendrix. I HAVE to pick myself up and move forward somehow because he doesn't need to see me hurting he doesn't need to be affected by this. All he needs is to be loved. And that's when I snap back to reality and try to find the tiniest positive thing that can come from this situation. I realize now that Hendrix is a miracle and I cannot take one day for granted with him. He is the best gift I have ever been given and I have to cherish that gift and be thankful for it everyday. And I will, no matter what life brings our way.
9 comments:
Amy,
My heart truly aches for you. I actually think of you and Jordan really often and hope and even pray that you can get pregnant. Though our situations are different, I can empathize with you on how gut-wrenching it is to lose a child - nothing even comes close to that pain. It feels senseless and all-consuming. I have no words that will make things better for you, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I pray that God will give you another child. Stay strong.
xox
I'm so sorry Amy! :(
My sweet Aims and Jord-a-kins. I am so angry for you. I am in anguish for you. There are no words. So let me instead say this: wherever this journey takes you and your little family we will be there for you. No matter what. No matter when. No matter where. We are here to be/do/say whatever you need. We love you with all our guts!
I truly can't imagine Amy. I am so sorry. I wish their was something I could say to take your pain away. My heart breaks for you.... we love you guys and you are in our prayers!!
Oh Amy and Jordan. I just cried reading this. You guys are so amazing. We love you like a brother and sister. We really do. I told myself not to ask you about it that night we were taking pics... I'm so glad I didn't. Hendrix is such a special little dude. Your family is so sweet. We love you and can't imagine what it would feel like to be in your shoes. I don't have much else to say.... we need to do dinner SOON.
I'm so sorry. I hope and pray that things will turn out for the best, and that you can find some peace and comfort in the decision you end up making. Hang in there girlfriend :)
Oh Amy. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't pretend to imagine what you are going through. Nor can I compare anything I've gone through to it. But I do know someone who knows exactly what you are going through and that is your Savior. Lay it at His feet and have faith that He will help you through your journey. My heart hurts for you. Please know that Aaron and I are here for you if you need anything. You and your sweet family are in our prayers!
Wow. I have no words. I am sorry you have to experience this. You are amazing!
You ARE strong sister. I love to hear that you're strong for Hendrix. He's so lucky to have such a great mom. We all love you so much and hate that you have to go through all of this.
Post a Comment